UPSC Mains Law Paper Topic : False Imprisonment
- “Examine the tortious liability of A in the following: (96/II/3b(i)/15) A pretends to lock the plaintiff in a room by purporting to turn the key of the door from outside and taking it away. The fact is that the door, though shut, is not locked. The plaintiff remains in the room for two hours under the belief that he has been locked inside.
- How do you distinguish between wrongful imprisonment and wrongful restraint? Explain with illustrations. (98/II/4a/30)
- In the scheme of the Penal Code, “culpable homicide” is the genus and “murder” its species. All murder is “culpable homicide” but not vice- versa - Supreme Court in State of A.P. Vs Punnayya - 1997 Cr.L.J.I. (S.C). Discuss and illustrate. (99/II/2a/30)
- Distinguish between: Malicious prosecution and False imprisonment (00/II/3b(i)/15)
- Distinguish the following two incidents and point out regarding wrong, if any, which has been committed in these incidents. Distinguish in the context of the nature and composition of these wrongs: (02/II/ 3a/ 30)
(i) The Municipality permitted a political party to hold a meeting in a public park blocking a busy road. X wanted to go to Y’s house crossing the road but was not allowed. There was no other way to go to Y’s house.
(ii) A customer was suspected of having committed a theft in the departmental store by the staff. She was detained by the Manager for 2 days in a Store-room.