CAPF-AC Sample Practice Paper-17 ( General Studies)
1. Which of the following is correctly matched?
(a) Santhanam Committee : Panchayati-Raj Finances
(b) Balwant Rai Metha: Panchayati-Raj Institutions Committee
(c) G.V.K. Rao Committee : Planning at the block level
(d) Dantwala Committee: existing administration arrangement for rural
2. Which of the following statements are true about the Chief Secretary?
1. he acts as the Chief Public relations officer of the govt.
2. He acts as the Channel of Communications in intergovernmental matters
3. he is the only advisor to the CM
4. In 1974, the past of Chief secretary was brought and par with that of th e
secretary to the Government of India.
(a) 1, 3 and 4
(b) l, 2 and 4
(c) 1 and 2
(d) 2 day
3. Arrange the following in ascending order
(a) 2, l, 2, 3
(b) 2, 1, 3, and 4
(c) 3, 4, 1, 2
(d) 3, 4, 2 and 1
4. Which of the following is correct regarding NISAR?
a. It is a joint project between NASA and ISRO to co-develop and launch a
dual frequency synthetic aperture radar satellite.
b. It is neon fuelled space vehicle of European Union
c. It is a satellite of ISRO specifically designed for SAARC nations
d. None of the above
5. Which of the following is not a World Heritage site recognised by UNESCO?
a. Kaziranga wildlife sanctuary
b. Mahabodhi Temple
c. Humayun Tomb
d. Hemis national park
6. The price of any currency in international market is decided by the
1. World Bank
2. demand for goods/services provided by the country concerned
3. stability of the government of the concerned country
4. economic potential of the country in question
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 and 4 only
(d) 1 and 4 only
7. Which of the following is correct regarding rocket CHESS recently
launched by NASA?
a. It is to study vast interstellar cloudsa
b. It is to study last stages of a star
c. It is to study the collision of asteroids
d. None of the above
8. Which of the statements given above is/are correct with reference to
Special Economic Zone (SEZ)?
1. SEZs have full freedom for subcontracting.
2. They are exempted from routine examination by custom authorities.
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
9. The phrase "technical, legal and political aspects" has been in news
recently. It is used with respect to which of the following?
a.Nuclear suppliers group
10.Which of the following one of the goals of smart
a) Providing safe investment avenues in infrastructure
b) Inclusive growth
c) Recasting India's urban landscape
d) None of the above
11. Consider the following statements about TAPI gas pipeline project
1. TAPI gas pipeline project being developed by the world bank
2. the pipeline should become operational in 2020
Which of the above statement is/are true
1. only 1
2. only 2
3. both 1 & 2
4. neither 1 nor 2
12. Which of the following is/are correct regarding Dakshin Gangotri?
1. It was India's second scientific base in Antarctica.
2. It wa s e stab lis hed du rin g t he thir d Indi an expedition to Antarctica
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
13. Which of the following is correct regarding NATGRID?
1. NATGRID is the integrated intelligence grid connecting databases of core
security agencies of the Government of India.
2. It was started after terrorist attack in 2006.
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
14. The Consolidated Fund of India is a common pool in which
(a) all taxes collected by the Government of India are deposited
(b) equal contributions from the Centre and States are made and out of which
money can be taken as loan to meet unforeseen contingencies
(c) all money received by or on behalf of the Government of India in the shape
of revenues, fresh loans and money received in repayment of loans etc. are
(d) States, Union Territories and Central Government contribute ten per cent of
15. Vote on account is made by the Lok Sabha
(a) to meet the additional expenditure incurred by the government on any
approved item of expenditure during the supplementary budget
(b) to meet expenditure on secret service
(c) meet expenditure for a period before the passing of the annual budget
(d) to meet expenditure on unexpected demand
16. One of the following is not a method by which the Parliament expresses
lack of confidence in the Council of Ministers:
I. Rejecting a bill introduced by a Minister
II. Declaring that the taxes proposed have to be reduced
III. Passing a bill introduced by a private member to which the Council of
Ministers is opposed
(b) I and III
17. The Constitution provides that a House of Parliament may declare a seat
I. in the case of a member who is guilty of breach of privilege of the House
II. in the case of a member who has been absent for60 days without the
permission of the House
III. if a member resigns in no case
IV. in no case
(b) I and II
(d) I, II, III
18. Which one of the following does not fall within the financial powers of
the Indian Parliament?
(a) No taxes can be levied without the consent of the Parliament
(b) No expenditure can be incurred without the sanction of the Parliament
(c) The Parliament can propose any tax
(d) The Parliament can reduce or reject the demands of the Government
19. The Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha sit jointly when
(a) they feel it necessary
(b) there is a disagreement between the two Houses
(c) the President summons both the Houses
(d) two years have lapsed after the last meeting
20. The members nominated by the President to the Rajya Sabha are from
(a) who are members of Lok Sabha
(b) who suffered imprisonment during freedom movement
(c) who are seasoned politicians
(d) none of the above
21. Which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) one-third of the members of Rajya Sabha retire every year
(b) two-thirds of its members retire every two years
(c) one-third of its members retire every two years
(d) all the members retire every two years
22. The functions of the Estimates Committee of Parliament do not include:
(a) presenting annually to Parliament an Economic Survey report on the
country’s state of economy
(b) reporting on what economies, improvement in organisation, or administrative
reforms can be effected
(c) examining whether the money is well laid out within the limits of the policy
implied in the estimates
(d) suggesting the form in which estimates should be presented to Parliament
23. Which one of the following statements about the Parliamentary committee
on Public Sector Undertakings is not true?
(a) It examines the reports and accounts of certain specified public sector
undertakings and the reports of the Auditor General
(b) It approves the appointments of Chairman of certain specified public sector
(c) It examines whether public undertakings are being run efficiently
(d) It also examines whether they are being managed in accordance with sound
business principles and prudent commercial practice
24. Under which of the following circumstances can President’s rule be
imposed in a State?
(a) If no stable government can be formed
(b) If the Cabinet has lost majority and no other ministry commanding a majority
in the Assembly can be formed at once
(c) If the State Government does not obey the directives given by the Union
(d) In all the above cases
25. When does the Governor recommend the imposition of the President’s rule
in a State?
(a) On the recommendation of the Centre
(b) On the recommendation of the Chief Minister
(c) On the recommendation of the Council of Ministers
(d) If he is satisfied that the Government of the State cannot be carried on in
accordance with the provisions of the Constitution
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (d) 6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (d)
11. (a) 12. (b) 13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (d) 16. (c) 17. (b) 18. (c) 19. (b) 20. (d)
21. (c) 22.(a) 23. (b) 24. (d) 25. (d)