Civil Services Exam Paper Pattern (Konkani)
Answers must be written in Konkani
History of Konkani Language
- Origin and development of the language
and influences on it.
- Major variants of Konkani and their
- Grammatical and lexicographic work in
Konkani, including a study of cases, adverbs, indeclinable and voices.
- Old Standard Konkani, new Standard and
Candidates would be expected to be
well-acquainted with Konkani literature and its social and cultural background
and consider the problems and issues arising out of them.
- History of Konkani literature from its
probable source to the present times, with emphasis on its major works,
writers and movements.
- Social and cultural background of the
making of Konkani literature from time to time.
- Indian and Western influences on
Konkani literature from the earliest to modern times.
- Modern literary trends in the various
genres and regions including a study of Konkani folklore.
Textual Criticism of Konkani
The paper will be designed to test the
candidateâ€™s critical and analytical abilities. Candidates would be expected to
be well-acquainted with Konkani Literature and required to have a first-hand
reading of the following texts:
- Konkani Mansagangotri (excluding
poetry) ed. by Prof. Olivinho Gomes
- Old Konkani language and literature-
the Portuguese Role
- Otmo Denvcharak- a novel by A.V da
- Vadoll ani Varem- a novel by Antonio
- Devache Kurpen- a novel by V J P
- Vajralikhani-Shenoy Goem-bab- An
anthology-ed. by Shantaram Varde Valavalikar
- Konkani Lalit Niband- Essays- ed. by
- Teen Dasakam- An Anthology- ed. by
- Demand-Drama- by Pundalik Naik
- Kadambini- A miscellany of modern
Prose-ed. by Prof. OJF Gomes & Smt. P.S. Tadkodkar.
- Ratha Tujeo Ghudieo- by Smt. Jayanti
- Ev ani Mori: Poetry by Eduardo Bruno de
- Abravanchem Yadnyadan- by Luis
- Godde Ramayan- ed.by R.K. Rao
- Ratnahar I &II- collection of
poems-ed. R.V. Pandit.
- Zayo Zuyo-poems- Manohar L. Sardessai.
- Kanadi Mati Konkani Kavi- Anthology of
Poems-ed. Pratap Naik.
- Adrushatache Kalle- Poems by Pandurang
- Yaman- Poems by Madhav Borkar