Civil Services Exam Paper Pattern (Sindhi)
Note : Answers
must be written in Sindhi â€“ Arabic or Devanagari script.
- Origin and evolution of Sindhi
language-views of different scholars
- Significant linguistic features of
Sindhi language, including those pertaining to its phonology, morphology and
- Major dialects of the Sindhi language
- Sindhi vocabulary-stages of its growth,
including those in the pre-partition and post-partition periods
- Historical study of various Writing
Systems (Scripts) of Sindhi
- Changes in the structure of Sindhi
, after partition, due to influence of other languages and social conditions
- Sindhi literature through the ages in
context of socio-cultural conditions in the respective periods
- Early medieval literature upto 1350
A.D. including folk literature
- Late medieval period from 1350 A.D. to
- Renaissance period from 1850 A.D. to
- Modern period from 1947 and onwards
(Literary genres in Modern Sindhi
literature and experiments in poetry, drama, novel, short story, essay, literary
criticism, biography, autobiography, memoirs, and travelogues.)
This paper will require the first-hand
reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidatesâ€™
- "Shah Jo Choond Shair": ed.
H.I. Sadarangani, Published by Sahitya Akademi, (First 100 pages)
- "Sachal Jo Choond Kalam": ed.
Kalyan B. Advani, Published by Sahitya, Akademi (Kafis only)
- "Sami-a-ja Choond Sloka": ed.
B.H. Nagrani, Published by Sahitya Akademi, (First 100 pages)
- "Shair-e-Bewas": by
Kishinchand Bewas, ("Saamoondi Sipoon" portion only)
- "Roshan Chhanvro": Narayan
- "Virhange Khanpoije Sindhi Shair
jee Choond": ed. H.I. Sadarangani, Published by Sahitya Akademi
- "Behtareen Sindhi Natak"
(One-act Plays): Edited by M. Kamal, Published by
- "Kako Kaloomal" (Full-length
Play): by Madan Jumani
- â€˜Pakheeara Valar Khan Vichhryaâ€™
(Novel): by Gobind Malhi
- â€˜Sat Deenhanâ€™ (Novel): by Krishan
- â€˜Choond Sindhi Kahanyoonâ€™ (Short
Stories) Vol. III: Edited by Prem Prakash, Published by Sahitya Akademi.
- â€˜Bandhanâ€™ (Short Stories): Sundari
- â€˜Behtareen Sindhi Mazmoonâ€™
(Essays): Edited by Hiro Thakur, published by Gujarat Sindhi Akademi.
- â€˜Sindhi Tanqeedâ€™ (Criticism):
Edited by Harish Vaswani, Published by Sahitya Akademi.
- â€˜Mumhinjee Hayati-a ja Sona Ropa
varqaâ€™ (Autobiography): by Popati Hiranandani
- "Dr. Choithram Gidwani"
(Biography): by Vishnu Sharma