(Paper) UPPCS GENERAL STUDIES 2008 SOLVED PAPER (HELD ON 25-05-2008)
PAPER : UPPCS GENERAL STUDIES 2008 SOLVED PAPER (HELD ON 25-05-2008)
1. Which one of the following revolutionaries is not associated with Kakori conspiracy case ?
(a) Ram Prasad Bismil
(b) Roshan Singh
(c) Bhagat Singh
(d) Ashfaque- Ullah Khan
2. With which dynasty of rulers would you associated the construction of the famous Kailash Temple of Ellora ?
3. The person who retuned his token of honour to Govt. of India on May 30, 1919 was-
(a) Jamna Lal Bajaj
(b) Tel Bahadur Sapru
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Rabindra Nath Tagore
4. Who coined the famous slogan "Inqilab Zindabad" ?
(a) Chandra Shekhar Azad
(b) Sardar Bhagat Singh
(c) Ashfaque- Ullah Khan
(d) Aabdul Kalam Azad
5. Which of the following came to India after the second world war in 1946 ?
(a) Cripps Mission
(b) Cabinet Mission
(c) Wavell Plan
(d) Simon Commission
6. The title given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi and which was surrender during the Non-Cooperation Movement was -
(a) Hind Kesari
(c) Rai Bahadur
(d) Rt. Hounarable
7. Under which article of the Indian Contitution President of India can withhold his assent to a bill passed by both the house of parliament ?
(a) Article 63
(b) Article 108
(c) Article 109
(d) Article 111
8. The concept of welfare State is included in the constitution of India in -
(a) Fifth Schedule
(b) Directive Principle of State Policy
(d) Fundamental Rights
9. Which one of the following is correctly matched ?
(a) Citizenship ---- Part III of the constitution
(b) Fundamental Rights ---- Part IV of the constitution
(c) Fundamental Duties ---- Part V of the constitution
(d) The State ---- Part VI of the constitution
10. The Indian Constitution is devided into -
(a) 16 Parts
(b) 22 Parts
(c) 24 Parts
(d) 25 Parts
11. Under which one of the following Articles of India Constitution , Gogernor can reserve any bill for the consideration of President ?
(a) Article 169
(c) Article 201
(d) Article 202
12. Under the Constitution, who is the guardian of the Fundamental Rights ?
(c) Supreme court
13. which of the following statements is not correct in relation to Dr. Mnamohan Singh ?
(a) Former Finance Minister
(b) Former Governor of Reserve Bank Of India
(c) Former Chairman of the Finance Commission
(d) Former Representative of India in International Monetary Fund
14. The Agency which estimates National Income Of India is -
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Planning Commission
(c) Ministry of Finance
(d) Central Statistical Organisation
15. The percentage share in the agriculture in the national income of India during the last five decades has -
(a) Declined slowly
(b) not changed
(c) increased slowly
(d) Increased significantly