AP PSC PAPERS : Group -I Mains Examination Paper-II
(History & Indian Constitution)
Note: The question paper is in three sections. The candidate has to answer 15 questions with 5 questions compulsorily from each section. Each question carries 10 marks.
Section – I
1. (a) Compare Hinayana and Mahayana Buddhism. Why did Buddhism become popular and decline subsequently?
(b) What are the important features of major schools of art that flourished during post Mauryan period?
2. (a) Describe major contributions of Great Moghals to Indian Architecture.
(b) What is the cultural contribution of Vijaynagar Empire?
3. (a) “The period between 1885-1905 is the period of moderates in Indian freedom struggle” In light of the above statement, describe the contribution of early nationalists (moderates) in organizing the national movement?
(b) Describe the nature and significance of revolt of 1857? Explain whether it can be termed as “First War of Independence”?
4. (a)Comment on the effectiveness of the methods employed by Mahatma Gandhi to mobilize masses?
(b) “We must hold fast to constitutional methods for achieving our social and economical objectives”. Briefly explain the significance of this statement of Dr B. R. Ambedkar with reference to his achievements. Also explain its relevance in the present to protect democracy?
5. (a)Comment on the contribution of peasant movements in freedom struggle.
(b) Analyze the role of communalism in the partition of the country.
Section – II
6. (a) Briefly describe political fortunes and cultural contribution of Ikshvakus?
(b) Describe the contribution of Eastern Chalukyas to literature, art and architecture
7. (a) Briefly describe political fortunes and cultural contribution of Ikshvakus?
(b) Write about poet Molla, her work and style.
8. (a) Comment on the contribution of literary works of Gurram Jashuva in social reform.
(b) Illustrate the salient features of literary works of Dr Boyi Bhimanna
9. (a) Describe the contribution of Andhra Mahasabha in socio cultural development.
(b) Describe Vandemataram movement and its impact on freedom struggle in Andhra Pradesh?
10. (a) Trace the reasons for success and subsequent failure of Telangana people's armed struggle.
(b) Who are Razakars and what was their role in resisting integration of Hyderabad State in the Indian union?
Section – III
11. (a)"The Indian constitution is federal in form but unitary in spirit " - Discuss
( b) Analyze the effectiveness of implementation of the Directive Principles of State Policy and suggest ways to improve it.
12. (a) what is concept of cooperative federalism? Does it exist in Indian polity?
(b) Comment briefly on the financial relations between the Union and the States in India. What are irritants generally encountered?
13. (a) What is meant by "judicial activism " ? What is its impact on Indian polity?
(b) What is the relative position of the Rajya Sabha as compared to the Lok Sabha in our political system?
14. (a)Describe the procedure for amending the constitution? What is the criticism against it?
(b) What according to the Supreme Court constitutes “the basic structure" of our constitution? Please name a couple of important judgements of the Supreme Court on this issue?
15 (a) Describe the various special provisions in the constitution relating to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes and Anglo- Indians.
(b) Explain the concept of minorities with reference to the Indian constitution and the safeguards available for protection of their rights.
<< Go Back to Main Page