Civil Service Examination, 2012
Preliminary Examination Paper - I
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of
India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty,
Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate
Change - that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Note 1 : Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class
X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper- II) will be tested through passages
English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of
Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a
candidate will be disqualified in case he/ she does not appear in both the
papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
For Study Materials Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)