(Age Limit) Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Exam - 2021
(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2021 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1991 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
(b) The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2021 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2021 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2021 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz; (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.
NOTE I: Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE II: The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
NOTE III: The age concession under Para 3(II)(b)(iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
NOTE IV: Notwithstanding the provisions of age relaxation under para 3(II)(b)(vi) above, a person with Benchmark Disabilities will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority as the case may be, may prescribed) if found to satisfy the requirement of physical and medical standard for the concerned Services/Posts to be allocated to the persons with Benchmark Disabilities by the Government.
NOTE V : The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in this Notice which are identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in the Notice shall apply for the examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the examination.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED
The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, Service Records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
NOTE-1: Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE 2: Candidates should also note that once Date of Birth has been submitted by them in the application form and entered in records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
NOTE 3: The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.