Public Service Commission, West
West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2011
(ADVERTISEMENT NO. 04/2011)
The Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts in
West Bengal Judicial Service in three successive stages viz.
- Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice Objective Type)
- Final Examination (Conventional Type – Written) and
- Personality Test.
The Preliminary Examination which will be a screening test for selection of candidates for the Final Examination, will be held in June, 2011 in Kolkata and
Darjeeling. Only candidates of the three hill sub-divisions viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong will be
allowed to appear at Darjeeling Centre. The Final Examination will be held in August, 2011
- Pay: Rs.27,700-44770/- plus allowances as admissible.
- Anticipated Vacancies: 73 [Unreserved – 48, SC –
07, ST – 04, BC – 12 (Category A – 07, Category B – 05), PH – 02].
- Age Limit : Not less than 23 years and not more than 35 years on the date of advertisement for the examination, i.e.
on 12.03.2011 (i.e. born not earlier than 12.03.1976 and not later than 11.03.1988). Upper age limit is
relaxable by 5 years for SC & ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC candidates of
West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for persons with disabilities having physical disability of 40%.
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of
- A degree in Law from any University or any Institution affiliated to a University recognized
by the State Government or the Central Government.
- Must be enrolled as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in
India on the date of advertisement for the Examination.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (Not required in the case of Nepali
speaking candidates from the hill areas of the district of Darjeeling).
Candidates must enclose with their applications a fee of Rs.210/- (Rupees Two Hundred and
Ten) only in the form of Indian Postal Order or in the form of receipted challan from a
Government Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata. Candidates
belonging to SC/ST of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities specified under Persons with
Disabilities Rules, 1999 are not required to pay any fee. Such exemption of fees, is however, not
applicable to any BC candidate.
Information of the examination in detail and the Application Format are obtainable through the
Commission’s Website at : http://www.pscwb.org.in
Closing date for receipt of application : 12TH APRIL, 2011.