(JOBS) NATIONAL CENTRE FOR EARTH SCIENCE STUDIES : 2017
National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS) is an autonomous research
institution under the Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO) of the Ministry
of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India situated at Thiruvananthapuram,
The ESSO-NCESS invites online applications for contract positions from
interested, eligible and perspective candidates of Indian Origin for filling up
the post of Project Scientist C(2 Nos)Project Scientist B (15 Nos), Research
Associate (4 Nos), Project Assistant (44 Nos), Laboratory Assistant (6 Nos),
Senior Programmer (1 No) and Junior Programmer (1No)
Details about the positions, pay, academic qualifications, responsibilities,
format of application and other general conditions are given below
- Master’s degree in Geophysics with minimum 60% marks or
equivalent from a recognized university in qualifying degree
- Three years experience in research and development in the
geophysical data analyses particularly in the Electromagnetic and
Magneto telluric data supported by scientific publications.
Doctorate degree in the respective area will be counted as three
- Doctorate degree in the relevant subject area of specialization
- Experience in handling of MT data, analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrated excellence in research and publications in
- Master’s Degree in Physics with at least 60% marks
- Three years’ experience in research and development. Doctorate
degree in the respective
- PhD in Physics with specialization in spectroscopic
- Experience in the application of fluorescence based
spectroscopic techniques and Raman spectroscopy in fluid inclusion
research and relevant publications in the field.
Age Limit & Reservation
|Project Scientist C
||As per GoI norms. However,being a projectmode position,
if such candidates are not available, the same will betreated as
|Project Scientist B
How to Apply:
1. The application will be accepted online (http://www.ncess.gov.in/) only.
Applicants are requested to carefully go through the full text of the
advertisement and the instructions in particular.
2. To apply, the applicant must fill the online application and upload
scanned images of photograph, signature and relevant self-attested certificates
pertaining to educational and professional qualifications mark sheets for all
academic years, proof of date of birth, experience certificate, caste
certificate, NOC, etc. If the certificates are in a language other than English,
attested translation should be uploaded.
3. The photograph and signature should be in .jpg format with the file size
limit between 10kb to 100Kb. All certificates should be in .pdf format of each
file less than 500 kb.
4. The Candidates should produce the original certificates at the time of
written test/ interview. Non-production of the original certificates/ production
of original certificates at variance with the online submission details will
result in disallowing the candidatefrom appearing for the written test /
interview. No travel reimbursement will be made to such candidates.
5. Candidates currently working in any other organisation shouldsubmit the
proof of their current employment.
In case of difficulty in the submission of online application form (not for
other queries), please email to [email protected] No queries in this
regard will be entertained. Last date for submitting the application:
Last date & time for submission of online applications: 15.09.2017 @ 5PM IST
1. Candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number which should be
kept active till the declaration of the final result. All communications
relating to this advertisement will be sent by email/SMS mentioned by the
candidate in his application.
2. The candidate’s age should not exceed the age limit as mentioned above as
on date of closure of application.
3. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
Relaxation in upper age limit for the disabled, employees of Govt. Organisations,
ex-servicemen and Kashmiri Migrants will be as in O.M.
No.F.15012/2/2010-ESTT.(D) dated 27.3.2012 of Dept. of Personnel & Training,
Government of India.
Courtesy : NCESS