Karnataka PSC MAINS Paper's
Exam Name : KARNATAKA PSC MAINS PAPER'S
Subject : Essay
Year : 2014
Time : 3 hours Maximum marks : 250
(Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attemptimf questions) The ESSAY must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover ofthis Question-cumAnswer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one. Word limit, as specified, should be adhered to. Any page or portion of the page left blank in the Question-cum-Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off.
- Explain the concept 'Demographic Dividend' what are its advantages? Discuss the different methods of reaping the benefits of Demographic Dividend.
- "Indian democracy despite internal contradictions has emerged stronger in each successive election". Explain.
- Given the Dialogue among the BRICS countries, do you think the latter will emerge as new power block that would challenge the hegemony of the US?
- "New social Movements have introduced new discourses into politics but would not be able to stop the march of globalization". Discuss with specific reference to anti-globalization movements in India.
- Discuss the current Agrarian distress in Karnataka. Account for farmer's suicide in the state. What measures would you suggest for minimising agrarian distress?
- "Regional political parties in India are competing with national political parties as alternative powers". Analyse.
- How far this statement "Karnataka is one of the first states to bring in paradigm shift in the realm of land relations by introducing different land reforms" is true? Critically analyse.
- Justify the need for article 371(J) of the constitution for the development of Hyderabad Karnataka. Does this reduce the regional imbalance in Karnataka? Discuss