(Current Affairs) Sports | April - 2016
- India beats Pakistan in Kabaddi (Free Available)
- India in south Asian games (Free Available)
- India performing well in south Asian games (Free Available)
- IPL 2016 auction will happen today (Free Available)
- South Asian games started at Guwahati and Shillong (Free Available)
- Djokovic wins another Australian open (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Santina win Australian Open (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza reached Australian open final (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Indian shuttler P.V.Sindhu won Malaysia masters (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- India won T20 Blind cricket Asia cup (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Federer gets 300th grand slam win (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Nadal out of Australian open in First round (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- India might consider conditional use of DRS (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Delhi won premier badminton league final (Only for Online Coaching Members)
- Sania- Hingis won second trophy of the season (Only for Online Coaching Members)
India beats Pakistan in Kabaddi
- India edged Pakistan by a solitary point in the concluding round-robin match of men’s kabaddi here at the R.G. Barua Sports Complex.
- The slender win helped India top the league standings for a place in the semifinals, where it will take on Bangladesh.
- The Indian men had earlier dominated Bangladesh beating them by 30-17 margin.
- The other semifinal will feature Pakistan against Sri Lanka.
India in south Asian games
- India’s 27-year-old Sandeep Sejwal who took the gold in the men’s 100m and200m breaststroke, proved unbeatable once again as he clinched his third gold medal of the 12th South Asian Games.
- Sri Lanka picked up three of thefour remaining golds which weredecided this evening, while Bangladesh took the other through MahfuzaKhatun who won the women’s50m breaststroke — her second inas many days.
- Sri Lanka’s Komiko Raheem wontwo golds in a little over an hour the women’s 100m backstroke andthe 50m freestyle, the second one atthe expense of elder sister Machiko.
- India completed its dominance, winning five of the six titles, on the concluding day of the wrestling events
- Pakistan picked up the men’sheavyweight gold to prevent aclean sweep by the host, whichfinished with 14 out of the total 16gold medals.
- India walked away with all the gold medals on ofer in badminton and archery at the South Asian Games
- India steamrollered Sri Lanka3-0 in both the men’s and women’s sections to win the badminton crown. The host dominatedthe archery events as well clinching all the five titles at stake:compound team men’s andwomen’s, individual men’s andwomen’s and mixed.
India performing well in south Asian games
- Host India enjoyed a field day on the opening day of the weightlifting competitions of the 12th South Asian Games, picking three of the four gold medals.
- India’s No. 1 women’s ace archer Deepika Kumari,, maintained her focus in tough weather conditions to beat Sonam Deki (Bhutan) 6-2 in the quarterfinals and Beauty Ray of Bangladesh 6-0 in the last-four to enter the final.
- The Indian men’s badminton team reached the semifinals with 3-0 wins over Maldives and Bangladesh in Group A, without losing a game.
- India made a clean sweep of the gold medals on of- fer on the opening day of the wrestling competition.
IPL 2016 auction will happen today
- The latest auction will witness 351 players going under the hammer and that includes 230 Indian and 121 overseas players.
- With a majority of the teams having retained their core players, attention will be riveted on the strategy adopted by the two new entrants — Rising Pune Supergiants and Gujarat Lions — as they try to beef up their respective units led by M.S. Dhoni and Suresh Raina respectively.
- Including the caption, both the Pune and Rajkot-based outfits have picked five players each and should do the lion’s share of the bidding.
- Delhi Daredevils too can be an active player, flush as it is with the highest available purse of Rs. 37.15 crore.
- Missing from the auction will be the two suspended teams — Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals — which in the previous auctions used to follow a set pattern. CSK preferred continuity and Royals plumped for value-buys.
South Asian games started at Guwahati and Shillong
- The 12th South Asian Games will be launched with pomp and grandeur at the Indira Gandhi stadium, Sarurasajai, Guwahati.
- Originally scheduled to be back in 2012, the prestigious multi-discipline event encompassing competitions in 23 disciplines and 241 events well be held across two cities — Shillong and Guwahati.
- From a historical perspective, the South Asian Games were established as a movement to foster peace and friendship through regular sporting contact between athletes from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives,
Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and current host India.
- The first edition was held in Kathmandu in 1984.
- This is the third time India will host the Games, after Kolkata in 1987 and Chennai in 1995,and it will have hopes of continuing with its overall dominance across venues for a twelfth straight time.