West Indies Tri-Nation Series
India on 11 July 2013 won t he West Indies Tri-Nation Series
2013 Final after defeating Sri Lanka with 1 wicket a t Queens Park Oval, Port of
Spain in Trinidad. Mahendra Singh Dhoni captained the Indian Side in
the tri-nation series, whereas, AD Mathews was the captain of the Sri Lanka.
Kohli captained the Indian side in the second, third and fourth match after
Dhoni suffered from a hamstring injury in the first match against and was out
from the series in second, third and fourth match.
Match Report Final
- After winning the toss, India chose to field first.
- Sri Lanka batted first in the final match and scored 201 runs at the
fall of 10 wickets in 48.5 overs
- India scored 202 with 1 wicket and two balls remaining to win the series
- Player of the match MS Dhoni (India)
- Player of the series B Kumar (India)
Series Report 1st Match
- Batting first Sri Lanka scored 208 in 48.3 overs
- West Indies chased the score in 37.5 overs at the loss of 4 wickets
- West Indies won by 6 wickets (with 73 balls remaining)
- India scored 229at the loss of 7 wickets in 50 overs, whereas, West
Indies chased the score in 47.4 overs at the loss of 9 wickets.
- Sri Lanka batted first and scored 348 with 9 wickets remaining in 50
overs and India was bowled out at 187 in 44.5 overs. Sri Lanka won the match
by 161 runs.
Sri Lanka batting first scored 219 runs at a loss of 8
wickets in 41 overs, whereas, West Indies was able to score only 190 runs at
a loss of 9 wickets in 41 overs. The match was played as per Duckworth Lewis
method and the target given to West Indies was 230 runs in 41 overs. Sri
Lanka won by 39 runs (DuckworthLewis method)
- India was able to score 119 runs at a loss of 3 wickets in 29 overs; Sri
Lanka scored 96 with no wickets remaining at the end of 24.4 overs. A target
of 178 runs was given to Sri Lanka to chase as per Duckworth Lewis method.
- India won by 81 runs (DuckworthLewis method)