Important Topics For Public Administration IAS Mains Exam
Public Administration is a popular optional in Civil Services because if you
opt for Public Administration then you will get definitely cutting edge in
General Studies Mains and Essay Paper.
The best way is to cover first of all your 100% syllabus then from Mains
examination perspective you have to focus some of the important topics. Here we
are giving you some of the important topics from the perspective of Mains
- Death of New Public Management
- Citizen Charter
- Wilson, Weber, Riggs, Barnard, Follet , Simon,Fox and Miller (Thinkers)
- Evolution and Present Status of the Discipline
- Post Weberian Debate
- Post Modern Public Administration
- Decision Making Theory
- Regulatory Authorities
- Right to Information
- Women and Development
- Article 370 and 35A
- Politics and Administration Dichotomy
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Role of Bureaucracy in Democracy and Development
- Motivation and Morale, Herzber and Maslow theories of Motivation
- Participative Management
- PPP Model
- Social Audit
- Departments, Corporations, Companies
- Failure of Civil Society
- Values and Corruption
- Administrative Law Chapter
- Corporate social responsibility in the PSUs
- Administrative Ethics
- Performance Appraisal
- Digital Era Governance
- Monetary and Fiscal policies
- Audit and Accounts
- Civil Services : Discipline and Code of Conduct
- Role of Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Rural Development Programs
- Municipal Governance: Finance and Problem Areas
- Reforms in Police
- Public Accounts Committee/ Estimates Committee
- Anti-development Thesis
- Strong State versus Market Debate
- MIS, PERT & CPM
- Evolution of Indian Administration Chapter
- Problems of autonomy, accountability and control
- Cabinet Secretariat/Central Secretariat
- Prime Minister's Office
- Good governance in Arthashastra
- 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment
- Union-State administrative, legislative and financial relations-
Implication of GST
- Chief Secretary/Cabinet Secretary
- Changing role of District Magistrate in Development and Law and order
- Role of President / Governor
- Police-public relations
- Disaster management
- The first two chapters hold almost 35% of the marks for paper I .
- Evolution of Indian Administration, Centre/state/district administration
and significant issues in Indian administration- prepare all these chapter
of Paper II thoroughly .
- Read book ‘Administrative Thinkers by Prasad and Prasad’ maximum number
- If you have another available option then you can avoid question from
the chapter - Public Policy .
- Always try to frame your answer from the key words of your question.
‘Thinking’ and ‘linking’ the whole syllabus/topics along with a proper
sequence in any answer.
- Practice a lots of tests from anywhere you get.
- Identify the weak areas and focus accordingly.
- Make a note of the mistakes that you make in the tests or interactive
session and try to rectify them.
- The examiner only expects you to write a simple logical answer with
- Do not give long introduction this may lead to loss of focus and
attraction of the examiner. The first sentence should have direct bearing of
the question or statement. This is the sentence which contains context and
key words both with statement-giver.
- Before suggesting any cure take administrative feasibility test of your
- Write answers like brilliant graduate and not like a confused
- Use more quotes from thinkers to ‘certify’ your stand in the answer.
- Don’t write General Studies answers for Public Administration Paper 2.
Write Answer like a Public Administration student.
For Study Materials Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)