Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA)
Practice Paper (SET - 2)
General Ability Test
1. The music for the Asiad was ................ by Pt. Ravi Shanker.
(a) demonstrated (b) made
(c) displayed (d) composed
2. The government should provide attractive tax ............. to create
the market for quality goods.
(a) adulteration (b) emancipation
(c) creation (d) relaxation
3. The young man lost his way in the forest and found that he had become
a/an ........ to the dacoits.
(a) decoy (b) quarry
(c) enemy (d) adversory
4. He sold his property because he was under a lot of .................
(a) loan (b) credit
(c) account (d) debt
5. He is a person of sound character and disposition.
(a) morose (b) beneficent
(c) amicable (d) amiable
6. If negotiations are to prove fruitful, there must not only be sincerety
on each side, but there must also be .......... in the sincerety of the other
(a) faith (b) belief
(c) certainty (d) substance
7. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can.......the
(a) transform (b) disarm
(c) subdue (d) regulate
8. He in wearing, the old fashioned coat in spite of his wife’s
(a) persists (b) insists
(c) resists (d) desists
9. Many of the advances of civilisation have been conceived by young
people just on the of adulthood.
(a) peak (b) threshold
(c) horizon (d) boundary
10. This was the first time Roshan had been found guilty. He had no
(a) previous (b) former
(c) past (d) earlier