(The Gist of Kurukshetra) NEW VACCINES - September - 2017
- Basket of vaccines in UIP increased from 6 to 12.
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine launched in November 2015: around 1.47 crores
doses administered till February 2017.
- Rotavirus Vaccine introduced in March 2016: More than 42.5 lakh doses
- Rubella vaccine as Measles Rubella (MR) Vaccine: Launched on 5th
February 2017, provided to more than 3.3crore children till 31st MARCH.
- Adult Japanese Encephalitis vaccine: Campaign completed in 27 districts,
31.15 crore adults vaccinated.
- tOPV to bOPV switch : On 25th April 2016: Complete replacement in both
Polio Campiagn and Routine immunization.
- Pnuemococcal Conjugate Vaccine: Rolled to approx 21 lakh children in
Himanchal Pradesh and parts of Bihar and UP in first phase.
Our efforts towards total immunization are guided by the universally accepted
fact that health and development are intertwined - healthy people generally have
longer lives, and are more productive, enabling them to earn and save more,
therefore contributing to the nation's prosperity. The visionary leadership and
support of our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji is thereby continuously
encouraging my ministry through resource
availability and focus, which infuses us with renewed and enthusiastic vigour
towards addressing inequities, through a special focus on inaccessible and
difficult areas and poor performing districts. We are trying to serve each one
to achieve our goal of a healthier, more prosperous India. I would like to
conclude that the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been working
tirelessly to improve the health care systems and services towards providing a
better quality of care to people in line with Government's well-enunciated
priority for 'Antyodaya'- reaching out to the those who need it the most towards
shaping a holistically productive and developed nation, right from its
foundation i.e. healthy children.
Courtesy : Kurukshetra