(THE GIST OF PIB) Cabinet approves Rs. 5718 crore World Bank aided project STARS
Cabinet approves Rs. 5718 crore World Bank aided project STARS
- STARS is a World bank aided project, to be implemented as a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Ministry of Education (MOE).
- It envisions improving the overall monitoring and measurement activities in the Indian School Education System through interventions.
- Project is aligned with objectives of National Education Policy 2020.
- It covers 6 States: Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Odisha.
- States will get support in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving interventions with direct linkages to improved education outcomes and school to work transition strategies for improved labour market outcomes.
Project has two major components:
At the national level, it envisages:
- Strengthening MOE’s national data systems to capture robust and authentic data on retention, transition and completion rates of students.
- Strengthening of learning assessment systems. Establishing a National Assessment Center (PARAKH) for continuous tracking of learning, and data-driven decision making leading to examination reforms.
At the State level, it envisages:
- Strengthening Early Childhood Education and Foundational Learning. Strengthen classroom instruction, Vocational education.
- Governance and decentralized management for Improved Service Delivery.