(THE GIST OF PIB) Guidelines for parent participation in home-based learning
Guidelines for parent participation in home-based learning
The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education releases the Guidelines for parent participation in home-based learning during school closure and beyond.
- These Guidelines aim to provide information on the ‘why’, ‘what’, and ‘how-to’ of participation and engagement in supporting children during the school closure, irrespective of their literacy levels.
- These guidelines are meant not only for parents but also for caregivers, other family members, grandparents, community members, older siblings who all are engaged in promoting the welfare of children.
- The guidelines provide many simple tips for parents and others to facilitate children in Home based learning. These suggestive activities are in accordance with the various stages of school education as per NEP 2020.
- Age-appropriate art activities have been categorized on basis of 5+3+3+4 system viz
1. Foundation Stage (Age 3-8yrs);
2. Preparatory Stage (Age 8-11 yrs);
3. Middle Stage (Age 11-14yrs); and
4. Secondary Stage: From Adolescent to Adult age (Age 14-18 years).
- The Guidelines appreciate the role of Art as a therapy for children under stress or trauma.
- A separate chapter has been included in the Guidelines for supporting parents with low/no literacy. Schools, teachers and volunteers may take the suggestive steps to provide support to low-literacy parents.