(THE GIST OF PIB) Khadi’s new products launched by Government
Khadi’s new products launched by Government
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), under the Ministry of MSME, has launched two new products- Khadi babywear and handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers on 15.07.2021.
Salient features of Khadi Babywear:
- KVIC has introduced Babywear for the first time for the age group of new-born and upto 2 years.
- Khadi babywear is made of high quality hand-spun and hand-woven Khadi Cotton fabric.
- The fabric is eco-friendly and made using natural fibres to suit the sensitive skin of new born babies. The fabric is free from any chemical treatment and harmful dyes
- The idea behind introducing babywear is to further diversify the product range for more consumption of Khadi fabric and ultimately creating more income for Khadi Artisans.
Salient features of Handmade Paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers:
- Khadi handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers have been developed for the first time in the country.
- These are made of fine-textured handmade paper and are 100% eco-friendly and cost-effective.
- These are suitable for travel and indoor usage like in homes, hotels, hospitals, places of worship, laboratories, etc.