(The Gist of PIB) PMs interaction through PRAGATI
(The Gist of PIB) PM’s interaction through PRAGATI
PM’s interaction through PRAGATI
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired his 30th interaction through PRAGATI. This was also the first PRAGATI meeting in the new term of the Union Government.
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- It is a multi-purpose and interactive ICT platform with the objective of initiating a culture of Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation by –
- Addressing common man’s grievances, and
- Monitoring important programs of Union and State Governments.
- It has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It is a three-tier system (involving PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States);
- PM will hold a monthly interaction with the Government of India Secretaries and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals;
- Issues to be raised before the PM are picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programs and pending Projects.
- It was launched in 2015.
- The 29 PRAGATI meetings in the previous term, saw a cumulative review of 257 projects and 47 programmes/schemes. Resolution of Public Grievances was also reviewed across 17 sectors (21 subjects).
<<Go Back To Main Page