(The Gist of PIB) Seekho Aur Kamao scheme
(THE GIST OF PIB) Seekho Aur Kamao scheme
Seekho Aur Kamao scheme
- Minister of Minority affairs informed Rajya Sabha about the Seekho Aur Kamao scheme.
- Seekho Aur Kamao is a skill development scheme for youth of 14 – 35 years age group and aiming at providing employment and employment opportunities, improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
- The scheme ensures 75% placement, out of which 50% should be in organized sector.
- As per scheme guidelines, the implementing organizations will be required to establish linkages with placement services.
- For the candidates interested in self employment after availing the training, the organization shall arrange easy micro finance/ loans for them through financial institutions, National Minority Development Finance Corporation (NMDFC), banks etc.
- Post placement support of Rs. 2000/- per month is provided to placed trainees for two months as placement assistance.
- In the last 7 years appx. 3.92 lakh persons have been benefitted under this employment oriented scheme.