(The Gist of PIB) Technical Group on Population Projections
(THE GIST OF PIB) Technical Group on Population Projections
Technical Group on Population Projections
- Details of steps taken by the Government to stabilize population growth in last five years are given below:
- Mission Parivar Vikas has been introduced for substantially increasing access to contraceptives and family planning services in 146 high fertility districts in 7 high focus states.
- Expanded Contraceptive Choices: The current contraceptive basket has been expanded with inclusion of new contraceptives namely Injectable contraceptive (Antara programme) and Cent chroman (Chhaya).
- Post-partum Intrauterine contraceptive device (PPIUCD) incentive scheme under which PPIUCD services are provided post-delivery.
- Redesigned Contraceptive Packaging: The packaging for Condoms, OCPs and ECPs has now been improved and redesigned so as to augment the demand for these commodities.
- Family Planning Media Campaign: A holistic media campaign is in place to generate contraceptive demand.
- The World Population Day and fortnight (July 11 – July 24) is observed each year to boost Family Planning efforts all over the country.
- Scheme for Home Delivery of contraceptives by ASHAs at doorstep of beneficiaries has been taken up.
- Family Planning Logistics Management Information System (FP-LMIS) is being implemented to ensure last mile availability of FP commodities.