(The Gist of PIB) 7th Economic Census 2019 [MAY-2019]
(The Gist of PIB) 7th Economic
Census 2019 [MAY-2019]
7th Economic Census 2019
- In the run up to upcoming 7th Edition of Economic Census, a National
Training Workshop of the Master Trainers was organized by the Ministry of
Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI) at India Habitat Center in the
national capital today.
- The objective was to impart training to Master trainers (enumerators and
supervisors) engaged in Seventh Economic Census (7th EC).
- The participants were trained on the key concepts and definitions,
processes, digital platform and application to be used for the enumeration
(data capture and supervision) in the field.
- The workshop was attended by Secretary, MoSPI, DG MoSPI, CEO, Common
Service Centres- Special Purpose Vehicle, CSC-SPV and other senior officers
of the ministry, State Governments and CSC-SPV.
- 7th Economic Census -2019 is being conducted by MoSPI to provide
disaggregated information on various operational and structural aspects of
all establishments in the country.
- A comprehensive training strategy has been evolved to impart training to
trainers engaged in the 7th Economic Census.
- After the National Training Workshop of Master Trainers in New Delhi
today, similar exercise will be undertaken across the country.
- Over 6000 State and District level training workshops will be organized
during the month of May and June 2019.
- MoSPI has partnered with Common Service Centres, CSC e-Governance
Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle under the Ministry of
Electronics and Information Technology as the implementing agency for 7th
- An IT based digital platform for data capture, validation, report
generation and dissemination will be used in this Economic Census.
- The fieldwork for the 7th EC will commence in June 2019. The results of
the exercise will be made available after verification and validation of the
- Six Economic Censuses (EC) have been conducted till date. The first
Economic Census was undertaken in 1977.
- The Second EC was carried out in 1980 followed by the Third EC in 1990.
- The fourth edition took place in 1998 while the fifth EC was held in
2005. The Sixth edition of Economic Census was conducted in 2013.