(The Gist of PIB) Future roadmap for Food Corporation of India (FCI) [JUNE-2019]
(The Gist of PIB)
Future roadmap for Food Corporation of India (FCI) [JUNE-2019]
Future roadmap for Food Corporation of
- (d) Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
laid down the future roadmap for Food Corporation of India (FCI).
- (d) Primacy will be given to ensuring that the functioning of FCI is
streamlined and fast paced as per recommendations of the Shanta Kumar
- (d) 100 lakh ton silo storage capacity will be created in the country.
For this, RITES has been assigned the task of changing the silo model and
they will give their recommendations in 90 days to FCI.
- (d) At present, there are 3 types of labourers in FCI namely
Departmental, Daily Payment System (DPS) and No work no pay workers along
with contractual labour.
- (d) Government of India is deliberating to finish the 3 different
arrangements and bring all workers of FCI under a single, uniform system
which will bring stability of tenure and secured wages for all.
- (d) To improve the usage of Information Technology in FCI, a Human
Resource Management System (HRMS) will be implemented, the work for which
will begin in August, 2019 and will be completed by August 2020.
- (d) This move will benefit 22,000 employees in 196 offices of FCI.