(The Gist of PIB) Graphite mining in Arunachal Pradesh [MAY-2019]
(The Gist of PIB) Graphite mining
in Arunachal Pradesh [MAY-2019]
Graphite mining in Arunachal Pradesh
- The Geological Survey of India, GSI, has revealed that 35 per cent the
country’s Graphite deposits of the country is found in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The GSI presented the data during its annual interactive meeting with
the Department of Geology and Mining and Government of Arunachal Pradesh in
- An official release said that India is now importing this mineral
- from other countries. It said the State could be the leading producer of
graphite in the country in future.
- Secretary, Department of Geology and Mining, Bidol Tayeng emphasized
that the survey and drilling activities of the GSI should be moved towards
the lndo-China international Border.
- China was reportedly undertaking huge mining activities across the
border in Tibet.
- The development of road towards the international border should be a
boon for exploration of the mineral.