(The Gist of PIB) North Korea fires several short-range projectiles into the Sea of Japan [MAY-2019]
(The Gist of PIB) North
Korea fires several short-range projectiles into the Sea of Japan [MAY-2019]
North Korea fires several short-range
projectiles into the Sea of Japan
- North Korea under their leader Kim Jong-un has fired several short range
projectiles into the Sea of Japan.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un gave the order of firing to increase the
combat ability of the country. The purpose of the drill was to test the
operating ability and accuracy of multiple rocket launchers and tactical
guided weapons by the defence units.
- It could be Pyongang’s first short range missile launch for more than a
year. Reacting to the development US President Donald Trump expressed
confidence that the North Korean leader will not break his promise.
- After gaining few tangible economic benefits from two summit meetings,
the North’s leader, Kim Jong-un, is now turning to a strategy followed by
his father and grandfather.
- The latest move was intended to escalate the pressure on Mr. Trump to
return to the negotiating table. And as Mr. Trump heads into the 2020
election, that strategy may threaten what the president has trumpeted as a
signature diplomatic initiative, depriving him of the oppurtunity to declare
he brought peace where his predecessors failed.
- In truth, the peace never got very far. The North Korea has spent the
past year producing more nuclear material and fashioning an unknown quantity
of it into new weapons, American intelligence agencies told Congress in late
- And now what the president has described as his biggest achievement on
North Korea — a suspension of all nuclear and missile testing — hangs in the