(The Gist of PIB) PM’s Flagship Program
E-NAM Has Achieved Another Milestone
PM’s Flagship Program E-NAM Has
Achieved Another Milestone
The Prime Minister’s flagship program e-NAM has achieved another milestone by
commencing inter-State trade between mandis of two different States.
Vital highlights of the flagship program
- Earlier trade used to happen either within the APMC or between two APMCs
situated within same state.
- The very first Inter State transaction in tomatoes has been carried out
between trader of Bareilly e-NAM APMC of Uttar Pradesh and farmer of
Haldwani e-NAM APMC of Uttarakhand.
- The inter -State transactions in potatoes, brinjal & cauliflower have
been carried out between the e-NAM mandis of Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh.
- In all the cases, e-payments have been made through e-NAM portal.
- This will helps farmers get better market access, more buyers/ traders &
realise better prices for their produce.
- To facilitate inter State trade between the e-NAM States, Ministry of
Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Govt. of India, conducted series of
coordination meetings with concerned States and Mandi board officials/ Mandi
- As a result of these interactions, both the States have now facilitated
licensing of traders of each other for inter-State trade on e-NAM portal.
About E-NAM scheme
- E-NAM i.e. National Agriculture Market is a pan-India electronic trading
(e-trading) portal which seeks to network the existing physical regulated
wholesale market (known as APMC market) through a virtual platform to create
a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
- e-NAM platform promotes better marketing opportunities for the farmers
to sell their produce through online competitive and transparent price
discovery system and online payment facility.
- It also promotes prices commensurate with quality of produce.
- The e-NAM portal provides single window services for all APMC related
information and services. This includes commodity arrivals, quality &
prices, buy & sell offers & e-payment settlement directly into farmers’
account, among other services.
Aim of this program
- Now the Farmers can access the information on e-NAM easily through their
mobile phones from anywhere.
- This online trading platform aims at reducing transaction costs,
bridging information asymmetry and helps in expanding the market access for
- So far, 585 Regulated Markets of 16 States and 2 Union Territories have
been integrated to e-NAM platform.
- Government has also decided to integrate additional 415 markets by
- “Logistic providers” information is also being provided in the e-NAM
portal to traders from outside the State, which will facilitate
transportation of commodities after trading.
- An Inter-State dashboard on e-NAM platform has been developed to promote
inter State trade among e-NAM States.