(The Gist of Science Reporter) Radio Telemetry [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of Science Reporter) Radio Telemetry
- It is a technology extensively used by wildlife scientists.
- It uses radio waves emitted from a transmitter which is attached to the animal to track and monitor them.
- Radio tagging is widely used to track cars, nocturnal animals and to track long distance migrations of turtles and whales.
- Radio telemetry using satellite technology is used in tiger translocation projects in various wildlife reserves inIndia.
- It is also used to track leopards and turtles it; Maharashtra and Jammu & Kashmir.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here
Courtesy: Science Reporter