(The Gist of Science Reporter) Remote Sensing [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of Science Reporter) Remote Sensing
- Remote sensing can help to understand where species live and it also provides measures of diversity such as species richness.
- Remote sensing can make available environmental information as well as the history of the landscape which can be used to explain both the biodiversity patterns as well as the abundance or composition of species.
- In terms of conservation, it needs timely historical information in order to keep a continuous record of protected areas or definenew areas for conservation priorities.Remote sensing can also help to map all settlements, agriculture fields or roads in order to anticipate human-wildlife conflicts.
- Although extinctions of species have always occurred, in recent times human activities have greatly increased the rate at which extinctions occur.
- It is hoped that with more awareness humans will take steps to actively preserve the rare and exotic species for the future generations.
- And that technology would be increasingly employed to prevent the species from coming to any harm in the future.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here
Courtesy: Science Reporter