(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) MCQs on World Environment Day
MCQs on World Environment Day
1. In which year was the Environment Protection Act passed in India?
2. Where is the CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)
3. The first National Park of India is _________ located in ________.
a) Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
b) Indira Gandhi Sanctuary and National Park, Tamil Nadu
c) Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
d) Manas National Park, Assam
4. What is the name of the Ministry that releases the India State of Forest Report?
a) The Ministry for Environment, Forests and Climate Change
b) Ministry of Science and Technology
c) Ministry of Earth Sciences
d) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5. Where is the headquarters of the National Biodiversity Authority (NBA)?
d) New Delhi
6. In which year was the Central Zoo Authority (CZA) established in India?
7. Name the type of forest that occupies the largest area in India?
a) Tropical Rainforests
b) Sub-tropical Dry Evergreen Forest
c) Tropical Moist Deciduous Forest
d) Tropical Evergreen Forest
8. Global Tiger Forum (GTF) was established in the year ______.
9. Where is the headquarters of the Global Tiger Forum?
c) New Delhi
10. Name the National Tree of India – branches of this tree root themselves like new trees over a large area.
a) Peepal tree (Ficus religiosa)
b) Neem tree (Azadirachta indica)
c) Mango tree (Mangifera indica)
d) Banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis)
11. Name the state bird of Kerala and Arunachal Pradesh?
a) Black Hornbill
b) Helmeted Hornbill
c) Rhinoceros Hornbill
d) Great Hornbill
12. The name of the endemic and endangered subspecies of Eld’s deer found only in Manipur, India and also known as the state animal of Manipur is ___________.
a) Sangai Deer
b) Mule Deer
c) Water Deer
d) Red Deer
13. Name of the tallest species of wild cattle found in India – it’s also the largest extant bovine.
a) Brown Swiss
b) Belgian Blue
c) Gaur or Indian Bison
d) Tuli cattle
14. Which state has the maximum area of forests in India?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
15. In which year did India first host the World Environment Day?
16. The main aim of NCEF (National Clean Energy Fund) is to............
a) Finance and promote clean energy initiatives
b) Provide R&D funds for clean energy
c) Invest in entrepreneurial activities linked to clean energy
d) Give funds to states for solar energy harnessing
17. MIKE (Monitoring the Illegal Killing of Elephants) is the site-based monitoring of the illegal killing of elephants. Out of the following, which are the MIKE sites in India?
a) Chirang Ripu, Assam
b) Eastern Dooars, West Bengal
c) Deomali, Arunachal Pradesh
d) All Above
18. Where is Nokrek Biosphere Reserve comprising major rivers and streams forming a perennial catchment system located?
a) West Garo Hills district of Meghalaya
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
Courtesy: Science Reporter