(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) Novel Technique could help Detect Tropical Cyclones for Bay of Bengal Basin earlier than Satellites
Novel Technique could help Detect Tropical Cyclones for Bay of Bengal Basin earlier than Satellites
- Indian Scientists have found a promising technique for early detection of development or strengthening of tropical cyclones in the atmospheric column prior to satellite detection over ocean surface in North Indian Ocean region.
- Atmospheric detection of pre-cyclonic vortices and its lead detection time.
- Eddy detection tool to understand spatio-temporal evolution of pre-cyclonic eddies.
- Establish the lead detection time for tropical cyclogenesis in the Indian Ocean.
- Establish threshold values for vortices in developing and non-developing cases.
- Vertical migration and evolution of eddies in the atmospheric column.
Courtesy: Science Reporter