(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) Robotic Laws
- Isaac Asimov was the first to conceptualize the laws of robotics which he further refined after a detailed discussion with John W. Campbell Jr., editor of the famous American science fiction magazine, Astounding Science Fiction. Asimov’s three laws that were built into every robot’s positronic brain are:
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second laws.
- Asimov later added a new Zeroth law in which he replaced the word human with humanity to make the laws more comprehensive.
Courtesy: Science Reporter