(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) Technology - Science Quiz
(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) Science Quiz
1. Name the father of the Indian nuclear programme.
a) Sekhar Basu
b) Raja Ramanna
c) P. K. Iyengar
d) Homi Jehangir Bhabha
2. What were the names of the lander and rover of the Chandrayaan 2 mission launched on 22 July 2019?
a) Vikram and Pragyaan
b) InSight and Curiosity
c) Viking 2 and Sojourner
d) Viking 1 and Perseverance
3. The total number of satellites launched by India till 10 February 2021 is …………… from ………. different countries.
a) 327, 34
b) 325, 28
c) 328, 33
d) 330, 35
4. Name the vessel deployed for the 40th Indian scientific expedition to Antarctica?
a) ORV Sagar Kanya
b) Ice class vessel MV Vasiliy Golovin
c) TDV Sagar Nidhi
d) BTV Sagar Manjusha
5. ……………is the oldest nuclear reactor in India designed by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in 1956.
a) Apsara (Mumbai)
b) Narora (Uttar Pradesh)
c) Tarapur (Maharashtra)
d) Kundankulam (Tamil Nadu)
6. Which was India’s first lunar probe launched by ISRO in 2008?
a) Luna 9
d) Lunar Orbiter 1
7. ……………………….is India’s first pharmaceutical company established in Kolkata in 1901 by……………………
a) East India Pharmaceutical, Ashoke Kumar Sen
b) Aurio Pharma Laboratories, Mr Ramlal Bhattacharejee
c) Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, Jyotirindra Kumar Moitra
d) Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray
8. With its indigenously made unmanned spacecraft ………………… launched in 2013, India became the first nation in the world to reach Mars in its maiden attempt.
a) ExoMars Orbiter
c) MOM (Mars Orbiter Mission) or Mangalyaan
9. Name the indigenously built India’s first nuclear powered submarine, which was jointly developed by the Indian Navy, BARC and DRDO at the naval dockyard in Visakhapatnam.
a) INS Arihant
b) INS Shishumar
c) INS Arighat
d) INS Khanderi
10. In India where is one of the world’s highest astronomical observatories situated?
a) Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Kodaikanal
b) Ooty Radio Telescope, Ooty
c) Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope, Pune
d) Hanle, Ladakh
11. Who was the First Indian woman scientist to pioneer the field of Microwave Engineering and Antennae Engineering in India?
a) Dr Aditi Pant
b) Dr Indira Hinduja
c) Rajeswari Chatterjee
d) Asima Chatterjee
12. Indian-American physicist who is also considered the ‘Father of Fiber Optics’.
a) George Sudarshan
b) Narinder Singh Kapany
c) Arvind Rajaraman
d) Pran Nath
13. ________ was an Indian ornithologist and naturalist well known as the “Birdman of India”.
a) Salim Ali
b) K.S.R. Krishna Raju
c) Biswamoy Biswas
d) Bikram Grewal
14. The National Academy of Sciences, India, was established in the year ______
15. Who was the Founder Director (and later first Director-General) of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
a) Prof. M.G.K. Menon
b) Prof. M.S. Thacker
c) Dr Atma Ram
d) Dr Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page
Courtesy: Science Reporter