(GIST OF YOJANA) Mission Indradhanush 2.0 [DECEMBER-2019]
(GIST OF YOJANA) Mission Indradhanush 2.0
Mission Indradhanush 2.0
- The Government of India is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of health and well-being for the nation. Immunisation programme is a critical component of its commitment towards Universal Health Coverage. It is integral to India’s efforts of reducing the burden of vaccine preventable diseases and achieving universal care for children.
- Over the years, efforts have been fruitful and proved India’s belief in quality, equitable, and affordable health care for all.
- An Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 is being carried out between December 2019-March 2020 to deliver a programme that is informed by the lessons learnt from the previous phases and seeks to escalate efforts to achieve the goal of attaining a 90% national immunisation coverage across India.
- The programme will be delivered in 271 districts of 27 States and 652 blocks of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar among hard-to-reach and tribal populations.
- Immunisation activity will be in four rounds over 7 working days excluding the RI days, Sundays and holidays;
- Enhanced Immunisation session with flexible timing, mobile session and mobilisation by other departments;
- Enhanced focus on left outs, dropouts, and resistant families and hard to reach areas;
- Focus on urban, under-served population and tribal areas;
- Inter-ministerial and inter-departmental coordination;
- Enhance political, administrative and financial commitment through advocacy;
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush Immunisation drive, consisting of 4 rounds of Immunisation will be conducted in the selected districts and urban cities between December 2019- March 2020;
- After the completion of the proposed 4 rounds, the States will be expected to undertake measures to sustain the gains from IMI, through activities like inclusion of IMI sessions in routine Immunisation plans. The sustainability of IMI will be assessed through a survey.