(GIST OF YOJANA) PM’s address to the Nation on the 74th Independence Day
(GIST OF YOJANA) PM’s address to the Nation on the 74th Independence Day
PM’s address to the Nation on the 74th Independence Day
- Independence Day reignites new fervour, exuberance and enthusiasm. And in times like now, it becomes even more imperative for us to be determined.
- India’s freedom struggle inspired the entire world. The idea of expansionism left some countries enslaved. Even in the midst of fierce wars, India did not allow its freedom movement to suffer.
- In this extraordinary time. Corona warriors have lived the mantra of ‘Seva Panno Dhamia’. Our doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, ambulance personnel, safai karmacharis, policemen, service personnel and many people are working round the clock continuously.
- Amid Covid pandemic, 130 crore Indians took the resolve to be self-reliant, and ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ is on the mind of India. This dream is turning into a pledge. Aatmanirbhar Bharat has become a ‘mantra’ for the 130 crore Indians today.
- Today, the whole world is inter-connected anil inter-dependent. It’s time for India to play an important role in the global economy. For this, India has to become self-reliant. From agriculture, space to healthcare. India is taking several steps to build Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- Measures, like, opening up the space sector will generate many new employment opportunities for youth and provide further avenues to enhance their skills and potential.
- Only a few months ago, we used to import N-95 masks, PPE kits, and ventilators from abroad. We not only made N-95 masks, PPE kits and ventilators during the pandemic, but were able to export these to all over the world.
- Apart from ‘Make in India’, we must also embrace the mantra of ‘Make for World’. When Corona started, there was only one lab for Corona Testing in our country. Today there are more than 1,400 labs in the country.
- National Infrastructure pipeline project worth Rs 1 10 lakh crore will boost our overall infrastructure projects. About 7,000 projects of different sectors have also been identified. It will bring a new revolution in infrastructure sector.
- FDI inflow has broken all records. India witnessed 18% jump in FDI even during the Covid pandemic.
- Money is directly transferred in the Jan Dhan accounts of the poor in the country. APMC Act has been brought in for the benefit of farmers.
- One Nation-One Ration Card, One Nation - One Tax, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and Merger of Banks is the reality of the country today.
- Women empowerment- Navy and Air Force are taking women in combat, women are now leaders, and we abolished triple talaq, got sanitary pads for women for just 1 rupee.
- SamarthyamooI Swatantiyam, Slvammulam Vaihhavant- The strength of a society, the freedom of any nation is its power, and the source of its prosperity and progress is its labour force.
- Around 7 crore poor families were given free gas cylinders, more than 80 crore people were provided free food with or without ration cards, about 90 thousand crores were directly transferred to bank accounts.
- Gharib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan has also been started to provide employment to poor in their villages.
- The campaign for Vocal for Local, Re-Skill and Up-Skill will bring about a self-reliant economy in the lives of people living below the poverty line.
- By choosing more than 110 aspirational districts, special efforts are being made there so that the people get better education, better health facilities, and better employment opportunities.
- Self-reliant India has an important priority - self-sufficient agriculture and sell-reliant farmers.
- To provide modem infrastructure to the farmers of the country, ‘Agriculture Infrastructure Fund’ of Rs 1 lakh crore has been created.
- Under the mission of Jal Jeevan, every day more than one lakh houses are getting water connection.
- The middle class will be the biggest beneficiaries of ‘Ease of Living’; from cheap internet to economical air tickets, highways to i-ways, and from affordable housing to tax reduction.
- This is also the first time when the EMI of a home loan for your home is getting a rebate of up to 6 lakh rupees during the payment period. A fund of 25 thousand crore rupees has been established to complete thousands of incomplete houses.
- Education of the country has great importance in building self-reliant India, in building modern India, in building new India, in building prosperous India. With this thinking, the country has got a new National Education Policy.
- Digital India- In Corona’s time, we have seen what the role of Digital India campaign has been. Just last month, almost 3 lakh crore rupees have been transacted from BHIM UPI alone.
- Before 2014, only 5 dozen panchayats in the country were connected with optical fiber. In the last five years, 1.5 lakh gram panchayats in the country have been connected with optical fiber. All 6 lakh villages in the country will be connected with optical fiber within coming 1000 days.
- National Digital Health Mission- Every Indian will be given a health ID. National Digital Health Mission will bring a new revolution in India’s health sector. All your tests, every disease, which doctor gave you which medicine, when, what were your reports, all these information will be contained in this one health ID.
- Today, three vaccines of Corona are currently under testing phase in India. As soon as the green signal is received from the scientists, the country’s preparation is also ready for mass production of those vaccines.
- This year is the year of a new development journey of Jammu and Kashmir. This year is the year of rights for women and Dalits in Jammu and Kashmir! It is also a year of the dignified life of refugees in Jammu and Kashmir. It is a matter of pride for all of us that the representatives of the local bodies in Jammu and Kashmir are pushing forward a new era of development with activism and sensitivity.
- By making Ladakh a Union Territory last year, the old demand of its people has been met. Ladakh, situated in the heights of the Himalayas, is moving forward today to touch new heights of development. Just as Sikkim has made its mark as an Organic State, in the coming days, Ladakh, will make its identity as a carbon neutral region, work is also being done in this direction.
- India is fully sensitive to the preservation and promotion of its biodiversity. In the recent past, the tiger population has increased at a rapid pace in the country! Now a project lion for our Asiatic lions is also going to be started in the country. Similarly, Project Dolphin will also be launched.
- Respect for India’s sovereignty is supreme for us. What our brave soldiers can do for this resolution, what the country can do, the world has seen this in Ladakh.
- A quarter of the world’s population lives in South Asia. We can create untold possibilities of development and prosperity of such a large population with cooperation and participation.
- Our border and coastal infrastructure also have a huge role in the security of the country hence there is an unprecedented expansion of road and internet connectivity in the country.
- There are more than 1300 islands in our country. In view of their geographical location, considering their importance in the development of the country, work is underway to start new development schemes in some of these selected islands.
- After Andaman and Nicobar Islands, in the next 1000 days, Lakshadweep will also be connected to submarine optical fiber cable.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page