UPSC Interview Tips by IAS Topper Tina Dabi
1. Prepare all possible questions from yours detailed Application Forms (D.A.F), This is the source from which 50-60% of question will be asked.
Research on every little information you have provided on the DAF.
For eg. they sometimes even ask the meaning of your name, or , say , they ask you about the signature handicraft from your hometown .
- NAME (meaning)
- OCCUPATION OF PARENTS
- SCHOOL (its motto, its uniqueness)
- GRADUATION / Post graduation
- HOBBIES (be honest and research well)
- EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- LEADERSHIP POSITION (if any) held in school / college.
- SPORTS ACTIVITIES you participated in.
2. Brush up your knowledge about your graduation subject
[Engineers often take this non-seriously, but it is important to prepare]
3. Be thoroughly prepared with yours OPTIONAL SUBJECT's notes
4. Current Affairs should be on the tip of your fingers.
5. Prepare on questions related to :
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN IN THE IAS ?
WHAT DOES IAS MEAN TO YOU ?
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF CIVIL SERVICES IN INDIA ACCORDING TO YOU ?
6. Be polite while speaking whether you agree or disagree. Maintain eye contact while talking and reep a calm demeanour.
7. Be neatly dressed. A light coloured formal shirt with a tie works well for gentlemen. A subtle coloured saree or formed suit works for ladies
# BE CONFIDENCE. I KNOW ITS SCARY BUT YOU CAN DO IT !
COURTESY: TINA DABI, IAS