Model Questions for UPSC PRE CSAT PAPER SET - 52
1. An officer orders his subordinate to go on a survey. This is an example
(a) Downward Communication
(b) Lateral Communication
(c) Upward Communication
(d) Horizontal Communication.
2. The subordinate of an officer inform the officer about the
implementation of a scheme, this is an example of
(a) Horizontal Communication.
(b) Downward Communication
(c) Upward Communication
(d) Lateral Communication
3. You are a Team leader and working on an important project. But you have
observed conflicts within the group. How will you address the situation?
(a) Speak up Right away what you want
(b) Wait for an appropriate time to speak up
(c) Wait for a line example and then bring it up
(d) Wait to see of the problem persists, then eventally say something about it.
4. You are the boss of an IT company. Your company is going through a
tough phase and the workers are becoming lethargic what you should not do in
(a) Establish a conducive environment to communicate
(b) Renew the old feedback mechanism system.
(c) Synchronize the work with the availability andwillingness of workers.
(d) Increase the time gap between the input and the result.
5. You have joined office as the head of the department and feels that
your staff is not enthusiastic about the work. How will you motivate them?
(a) Reward them according to the performance of the individual.
(b) Sack the subordinates, who are not performing their work enthusiastically
(c) Worn you staff and order them to perform best to their capability
(d) Appreciate the workers, who have done good work in front of everyone.
6. You have decided to introduce computerization in every department in
your office. But some staff is opposing it. The main reason for resistance is
7. You are the CEO of a big firm and you want to form a team to assign an
important project How will you choose the team leader?
(a) A person who has the potential to keep the member united
(b) A Responsible person
(c) An aggressive person
(d) An honest person
8. The best mode of communication with your subordinates and coworkers at
the workplace is
(a) To communicate in a formal way and only that much, which is required
(b) To communicate in an attentive and clear way
(c) To listen and interact in an informal way.
(d) To be focused with everyone.
9. In the Olympic Games, the flags of six nations were flown on the masts
in the following way
1. The flag of America was the left to Indian tricolor and to the right of
the flag of France.
2. The flag of Australia was on the right of the Indian flag but was to the left
of the flag of Japan which was to the left of the flag of China.
Find the two flags which are in the centre.
(a) India and Australia
(b) Japan and Australia
(c) America and India
(d) America and Australia.
10. Mr. A, Miss. B, Mr. C and Miss. D are sitting around a table and
discussing their trades
I. Mr. A sits opposite to cook
II. Miss. B sits right to the barber
III. The washer man is on the left of the tailor
IV. Miss. D sits opposite to Mr. C
What are the Trades of A and B?
(a) Tailor and Barber
(b) Barber and Cook
(c) Tailor and Cook
(d) Washer man and Cook
1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (a) 4 (d) 5 (a) 6 (c) 7 (b) 8 (d) 9 (a)