Model Questions for UPSC PRE CSAT PAPER SET - 69
Direction: In each of the following questions two statements are given
and there statements are followed by two conclusions numbered (i) & (ii). You
have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at
variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and then decide which
of the given conclusions logically follows from
the two given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
(a) if only (i) conclusion follows
(b) if only (ii) conclusion follows
(c) if neither (i) nor (ii) follows
(d) if both (i) and (ii) follow
1. Statement: Should graduation be made minimum education qualification
for entry-level job in any public sector organization?
(I) Yes, graduation always performs better than non- graduates by virtue of
their higher level of education.
(II) No, there are quite a few people who cannot afford to remain unemployed
till the completion of graduation and are capable of performing equally well as
the graduate candidates.
2. Statement: should the examination bodies for all examination permit the
use of calculator?
(I) No, it is necessary for the students to know the method of manual
calculation to make their concepts clear.
(II) Yes, manual calculations are no more required.
3. Statement: Should the practice of rewarding high scores be stopped to
handle frustration among the modurate scores?
(I) No, it is necessary to motivate the high scorers and reward is one of the
best ways of Motivating.
(II) Yes, too much appreciation for high scores affects the moderate students
adversely at times leading to extreme situations?
4. Statement: Should the conscription of citizens for defence services be
made compulsory in India?
(I) Yes, this the only way to tackle the serious shortage of manpower in
(II) No, instead the compensation package be made comparable to other job secure
to attract people to join defence services.
5. If 2/3 of a number is 560, than what is 3⁄4 of that number?
6. What is the number of diagonals of a polygon of 15 sides?
7. The ratio of the speed of bus and car is 3:2, if bus takes 16 hours
more time taken the car to cover the distance, find the actual time taken by the
(a) 8 hrs
(b) 12 hrs
(c) 16 hrs
(d) 24 hrs
8. If the parallel side of the trapezium are 45 cm and 35 cm respectively,
and the area is 4000 sqcm,what is the height of the trapezium?
(a) 80 cm
(b) 100 cm
(c) 120 cm
(d) 50 cm
9. (√5 – 2)2= ? –√80
(a) 4√5 + 4
(c) 9 – 4√5
10. The area of square is 625 sq.cm. Find the ratio of the length to the
breadth of rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is
10 cm less than the side of this square?
(a) 10 : 3
(c) 3 : 10
(d) 3 : 7