Model Questions for UPSC PRE CSAT PAPER SET - 77
Direction: In each of the following questions two statements are given and
there statements are followed by two conclusions numbered (i) & (ii). You have
to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance
from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and then decide which of the
given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements disregarding
commonly known facts.
(a) if only (i) conclusion follows
(b) if only (ii) conclusion follows
(c) if neither (i) nor (ii) follows
(d) if both (i) and (ii) follow
1. Statement: Should the by only two political parties in India?
(I) Yes, is many developed countries there are only two political parties.
(II) No, India decorate is not mature to select between only two political
2. Statement: Should there be a uniform rate of income tax, irrespective
of the level of Income?
(I) Yes, this will substantially reduce the work of the income tax
(II) No, this will reduce the government tax collectionto a large extent.
3. Statement: should only nuclear be used to generate electricity?
(I) Yes, this will help reduce air pollution to a great extent.
(II) No, radioactive material used in nuclear plants is unsafe for large- scale
4. Just Before the starting of the quiz , you found your partner missing,
(a) Took the substitute partner.
(b) Did not take part in quiz
(c) Took part in the quiz alone
(d) Got tensed and lustrated.
5. A jar contains two green and three black marbles. If three marbles are
drawn at random from the basket, what is the probability that two are green and
one is black?
6. What is the area of square whose perimeter is 124 cm?
(a) 960 cm2
(b) 861 cm2
(c) 961 cm2
(d) 980 cm2
7. Find the next number series- 5, 10, 17, 26, ........?
8. A us tern is normally filled in 12hrs but take 3hrs longer to fill
because of leak. If the cistern is full, in what time will it empty the cistern
9. If the width of the rectangle is 2 m less than its length, and its
perimeter is 32 m, find the area of the given rectangle?
(a) 224 m2
(b) 108 m2
(c) 99 m2
(d) 63 m2
1 (c) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (b) 5 (a) 6 (d) 7 (d) 8 (c) 9 (b)