Model Questions for UPSC PRE GS PAPER SET -2
1. 'Mitra Mela' was later on renamed as
(a) Anushilan samiti
(b) Abhinava Bhart Samiti
2. In the context of Non-cooperation Movement under whose chairmanship was
the All India college student's conference held at Nagpur in December 1920 ?
(a) B.C. Pal
(b) C.R. Das
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) Pandit Motilal Nehru
3. What is the correct chronological order of the Buddhist councils held
at the under mentioned four places ?
(a) Vaishali, Rajgriha, Kundalvan, Pataliputra
(b) Rajgriha, Vaishali, Pataliputra, Kundalvan
(c) Pataliputra, Kundalvan, Vaishli, Rajgriha
(d) Rajgriha, Pataliputra, Kundalvan, Vaishli
4. Who was the first to sign the subsidiary Alliance in India ?
(b) Nawab of Awadh
(c) Nizam of Hyderabad
(d) Ruler of Tanjore
5. Which one was the most serious political blunder of Dalhousie ?
(a) Prohibiting adoption
(b) Beginning of Railways
(c) Attempt to capture Burma
(d) Take over of Awadh
6. Which one of the following statements is not true?
(a) Nana Saheb led the revolt in Kanpur.
(b) Tatya Tope was an associate of Nana Saheb
(c) Nana Saheb was hanged
(d) Nana Saheb was the adopted son of peshwa Baji Rao-II
7. Which one of the following acts was not done by the British after the
Revolt of 1857 ?
(a) Contemplation over the organization of the army.
(b) Works to woo the rulers and zamindars.
(c) Interfering in the religion and practices in India.
(d) Demolishing the Hindu Muslim unity.
8. Which one of the following is not correct ?
(a) Indian National Congress, Calcutta Session (1887)
(b) Indian National congress, Lucknow Session (1916)
(c) Indian National Congress, Gaya Session (1922)
(d) Indian Nationa Congress, Tripuri Session (1939)
9. The author of "Indian Mussalmans" is
(a) W.W. Hunter
(b) Sir Aga khan
(c) Atulanand Chakravarti
(d) Rizaul Karim
10. Who among the following directed to throw bomb on viceroy Lord
(a) Khudiram Bose
(b) Rashbihari Bose
(c) Chandrashekhar Azad
(d) Ramprasad Bismil
1 (B), 2 (C), 3 (B), 4 (C), 5 (A), 6 (C), 7 (C), 8 (A), 9 (A), 10 (B)