UPSC Civil Service Examination notification for 2019 with
Unlike every year this year also UPSC has released notification for various
vacancies like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.
Major highlights of CSE 2019
- Date of notification of Civil Service (Prelims) - 19th February 2019
- Last date to apply for Civil Service (Prelims) - 18th March 2019
- Date of Preliminary Exam - 2nd June 2019
- Date of Mains Exam - 29th September 2019
- Total vacancies – 896
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained
the age of 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination. Age relaxations
are applicable for SC/STs, OBC, PWDs and other specified candidates.
Key changes this year notification:
- Total number of vacancies 896 increased from the previous year vacancies
which was 780.
- A photo identity documents required in PDF format for online
application besides photo and signature.
- 10% Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Optional Subject has not been removed.
- No extra attempts, age relaxation as speculated.
- Only those not eligible for reservation under OBC, SC or ST can claim
reservation under EWS.
Economically Weaker Section - Criteria
- Should not be covered under OBC, SC or ST.
- Annual gross FAMILY Income should not be above Rs. 8 lakhs.
- Definition of FAMILY includes self, parents, siblings below the age of
18, spouse, and children below the age of 18.
- Types of income included - Salary, Agriculture, Business, and
For Study Materials Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)