UPSC Recruitment Paper 2017 : Posts of Foreman (Chemical) in Ministry of Defence
1. Which one of the following is an example of amphoteric oxide?
2. Which one of the following material is used for control rods in Uranium reactors?
(a) Boron Steel
(c) Carbon Steel
3. What is the frequency of the radiation with a wavelength of 10.6 um,produced by CO2(g) laser?
(a) 2.38 × 10−13 HZ
(b) 2.83 × 10−13 HZ
(c) 2.83 × 1013 HZ
(d) 2.38 × 1013 HZ
4. What is the concentration of a solution of cane sugar (C12H22O11) which is isotonic with a solution containing 9.0 g of urea CO(NH2)2 ?
(a) 34.2 g/l
(b) 51.3 g/l
(c) 25.6 g/l
(d) 17.1 g/l
5. A hydrocarbon contains 86 % carbon, 448 ml of the hydrocarbon weighs 1.68 g of STP. Then the hydrocarbon is
6. When a solution of a metal salt is treated with ammonia solution, a white precipitate is formed which is insoluble in excess of ammonia. When same solution is treated with NaOH, a white precipitate is formed which dissolves in excess of NaOH. The cation is
7. What is the solubility product of lead iodide at 25° C? Its solubility at that temperature is 0.7 g/l, atomic weight of Pb = 207.2 and l = 127.
(a) 6.75 × 10−9
(b) 13.5 × 10−9
(c) 27.0 × 10−9
(d) 30.0 × 10−9
8. The diameter measured under various trials for a wire using a microscope were 0.205 um, 0.209 um and 0.198 um . If the known diameter is 2.00 × 10−7 m, the percentage of error for an average measurement is
(a) 1.8 %
(b) 3.5 %
(c) 2.4 %
(d) 2.0 %
9. Which one of following is the correct sequence in decreasing order of the dielectric constants?
(a) Sulfuric acid > water > ethanol > decane
(b) Water >sulfuric acid > ethanol > decane
(c) Water >sulfuric acid > decane > ethanol
(d) Sulfuric acid > ethanol > water > decane