(Notification) UPSC : NDA & NA Exam (I) 2020
Post Detail :
F.No.7/2/2019.E.1(B): An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th April, 2020 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 145th Course, and for the 107th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January, 2021.
The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :—
- National Defence Academy : 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
- Naval Academy(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) : 48
Total : 418
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of SchoolEducation or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 2001 and not later than 1st July, 2004 are eligible.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2020 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
1. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:—
|General Ability Test
|SSB Test/Interview :
2. THE PAPERS IN ALL THE SUBJECTS WILL CONSIST OF OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS ONLY. THE QUESTION PAPERS (TEST BOOKLETS) OF MATHEMATICS AND PART “B” OF GENERAL ABILITY TEST WILL BE SET BILINGUALLY IN HINDI AS WELL AS ENGLISH.
3. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
4. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
5. The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination.
6. The candidates are not permitted to use calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
Low - up to Rs. 9000/-pm
Middle - Rs. 9001/- to Rs. 18000/-pm
High - Above 18000/-pm
How to Apply :
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A) Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
- Candidate should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
Important Date :
Starting Date- 08-Jan-2020
Last Date – 28-Jan-2020