(Papers) UPSC Recruitment of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer at EPFO Exam Paper
General Ability Test 2014 (Held on 10 May 2015)
- Test Booklet
- Subject : General Ability Test
- Year : 2014
1. Which one of the following explanations is indicated by the term ‘welfare’ as a total concept?
(a) It is a desirable state of existence involving physical, mental, moral and emotional well-being
(b) It is the welfare of man, his family and community
(c) It is contingent upon time and space
(d) It demands certain minimum acceptable conditions of existence, biologically and socially
2. ‘Atonement’ and ‘Investment’ are two co-equal aspects of which one of the following labour welfare theory?
(a) The Philanthropic theory
(b) The Placating theory
(c) The Public Relations theory
(d) The Religious theory
3. The first Factories Act for India was enacted in the year:
4. Which one of the following statements with regard to the provision for ‘Welfare Officer’ is NOT correct?
(a) This provision is given in the Factories Act 1948
(b) This provision, in case of Mines and Plantations, is given in the central rules of these two Acts but not in the main Acts
(c) For factories and plantations this provision is applicable when 500 or more workers are employed
(d) In mines this provision is made applicable when 500 or moreतworkers are employed
5. Which one of the following is NOT a ‘welfare measure’ under the Factories Act 1948?
(a) Drinking water
(c) First aid
6. Under the provisions of the Maternity Benefit Act 1961, what is the amount of medical bonus paid?
(a) Rs. 1,000
(b) Rs. 2,500
(c) Rs. 3,000
(d) Rs. 3,500
7. Under the Maternity Benefit Act 1961, what is the minimum number of days a woman employee must have worked under an employer in the twelve months preceding the date of expected delivery for becoming eligible for maternity benefit?
(a) 90 days
(b) 80 days
(c) 180 days
(d) 240 days
8. Under the provisions of the Employees’ Compensation Act 1923, what will be the amount of compensation payable to an employee suffering from permanent total disability with his monthly salary drawn Rs. 15,800 and the relevant factor 181.37?
(a) Rs. 7,75,376
(b) Rs. 5,40,000
(c) Rs. 8,70,576
(d) Rs. 1,40,000
9. Who among the following is NOT a dependent under the provisions of the Employees’ Compensation Act 1923?
(a) A widower
(b) An adult widowed sister
(c) A parent other than a widowed mother
(d) A widowed daughter – in – law
10. Who among the following is the ex-officio Chairman of the Medical Benefit Council constituted under the Employees’ Insurance Act 1948?
(a) The Director General, Health Services, Government of India
(b) The Medical Commissioner of the Employees State Insurance Corporation
(c) The Director General, Employees State Insurance Corporation
(d) Chairman, Medical Council of India