(The Gist of Kurukshetra) Global situation on drinking water availability, 2015 [JUNE-2019]
(The Gist of Kurukshetra) GLOBAL SITUATION ON DRINKING WATER AVAILABILITY, 2015
GLOBAL SITUATION ON DRINKING WATER AVAILABILITY, 2015
- In 2015, nearly 72% of the world population or 520 Crore (5.2 billion) people used safely managed drinking-water services -they used improved water sources located on premises, available when needed, and free from contamination.
- The remaining 210 Crore (2.1 billion or 28%) people were living without safely managed drinking water services. The distribution of these people
- 130 Crore (1.3 billion; 18%) people were living with basic services, meaning an improved water source located within a round trip of 30 minutes
- 26.3 Crore (263 million; 3.6%) people were living with limited services, or an improved water source requiring more than 30 minutes to collect water
- 42.3 Crore (423 million; 5.8%) people taking water from unprotected wells and springs
- 15.9 Crore (159 million; 2.2%) people were collecting untreated surface water from lakes, ponds, rivers and streams.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here