(The Gist of Kurukshetra) RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN UNION BUDGET 2019-20 [AUGUST-2019]
(The Gist of Kurukshetra) RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN UNION BUDGET 2019-20
RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN UNION BUDGET 2019-20
- The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Union Budget 2019-20 before the Parliament. The key highlights Rural Development from the Union Budget 2019-20 are as follows:
- Ujjwala Yojana and Saubhagya Yojana have transformed the lives of every rural family, dramatically improving ease of their living.
- Electricity and clean cooking facility to all willing rural families by 2022.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY-G) aims to achieve "Housing for All" by 2022.
- Eligible beneficiaries to be provided 1.95 crore houses with amenities like toilets, electricity and LPG connections during its second phase (2019-20 to 2021-22).
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- A robust fisheries management framework through PMMSY to be established by the Department of Fisheries.
- To address critical gaps in the value chain including infrastructure, modernization, traceability, production, productivity, postharvest management, and quality control. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- Target of connecting the eligible and feasible habitations advanced from 2022 to 2019 with 97% of such habitations already being provided with all weather connectivity.
- 30,000 kilometers of PMGSY roads have been built using Green Technology, Waste Plastic and Cold Mix Technology, thereby reducing carbon footprint.
- 1,25,000 kilometers of road length to be upgraded over the next five years under PMGSY III with an estimated cost of Rs. 80,250 crore.
Scheme of Fund for Upgradation and Regeneration of Traditional Industries' (SFURTI)
- Common Facility Centres (CFCs) to be setup to facilitate cluster-based development for making
- traditional industries more productive, profitable and capable for generating sustained employment opportunities.
- 100 new clusters to be setup during 2019-20 with special focus on Bamboo, Honey and Khadi, enabling 50,000 artisans to join the economic value chain.
- Scheme for Promotion of Innovation, Rural Industry and Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE) consolidated.
- 80 Livelihood Business Incubators (LBIs) and 20Technology Business Incubators (TBIs) to be setup in 2019-20.
- 75 000 entrepreneurs to be skilled in agrorural industry sectors.
- Private entrepreneurships to be supported in driving value-addition to farmers' produce from the field and for those from allied activities.
- Dairying through cooperatives to be encouraged by creating infrastructure for cattle feed manufacturing, milk procurement, processing & marketing.
- 10,000 new Farmer Producer Organizations to be formed to ensure economies of scale for
- Government to work with State Governments to allow farmers to benefit from e-NAM.
- Zero Budget Farming in which few states' farmers are already being trained to be replicated in other states.
India's Water Security:
- New Jal Shakti Mantralaya to look at the management of our water resources and water supply in an integrated and holistic manner. Jal Jeevan Mission to achieve Har Ghar Jal (piped water supply) to all rural households by 2024.
- To focus on integrated demand and supply side management of water at the local level. Convergence with other Central and State Government Schemes to achieve its objectives.
- 1592 critical and over exploited Blocks spread across 256 District being identified for the Jal Shakti Abhiyan.
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) fund can be used for this purpose. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan:
- 9.6 crore toilets constructed since Oct 2, 2014.
- More than 5.6 lakh villages have become Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- Swachh Bharat Mission to be expanded to undertake sustainable solid waste management in every village. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan:
- Over two crore rural Indians made digitally literate. Internet connectivity in local bodies in every Panchayat under BharatNet to bridge rural-urban divide.
- Universal Obligation Fund under a PPP arrangement to be utilized for speeding up Bharat-Net.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here