(THE GIST OF PIB) Draft of the Code on social Security (Employee’s Compensation) (Central) Rules 2021
Draft of the Code on social Security (Employee’s Compensation) (Central) Rules 2021
- Ministry of Labour and Employment has notified the draft rules relating to Employee’s Compensation under the Code on Social Security, 2020 for suggestions.
- The Code on Social Security, 2020 amends and consolidates the laws relating to social security to extend social security to employees and workers in the organised as well as unorganised sectors.
- Chapter VII (Employee’s Compensation) of the Social Security Code, 2020 envisages, inter-alia, provisions relating to employer’s liability for compensation in case of fatal accidents, serious bodily injuries or occupational diseases.
- The draft Employee’s Compensation rules notified by the Central Government provide for the
1. provisions relating to manner of application for claim or settlement,
2. rate of interest for delayed payment of compensation,
3. venue of proceedings and transfer of matters, notice and manner of transmitting money from one competent authority to another and
4. arrangements with other countries for the transfer of money paid as compensation.