(The Gist of PIB) Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results
Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results
Union Minister of Finance inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
Doorstep Banking Services:
- As part of the EASE Reforms, Doorstep Banking Services is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their doorstep through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App.
- Customers can also track their service request through these channels. The services shall be rendered by the Doorstep Banking Agents deployed by the selected Service Providers at 100 centres across the country.
- The services can be availed by customers of Public Sector Banks at nominal charges.
EASE Banking Reforms Index:
- A common reform agenda for PSBs, EASE Agenda is aimed at institutionalizing clean and smart banking. It was launched in January 2018. PSBs have shown a healthy trajectory in their performance over four quarters since the launch of EASE 2.0 Reforms Agenda.
- Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce were felicitated for being the top three in the ‘Top Performing Banks’ category according to the EASE 2.0 Index Results.
- Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India and erstwhile Corporation Bank were awarded in the ‘Top Improvers’ category basis EASE 2.0 Index.