(The Gist of PIB) India Rankings 2021
(THE GIST OF PIB) India Rankings 2021
India Rankings 2021
- This is the sixth consecutive edition of India Rankings of Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- NIRF has been accepted by the MoE in September 2015. This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country.
- It is the first-ever effort by the government to rank HEIs in the country. Before NIRF, HEIs were usually ranked by private entities.
- Participation in the NIRF was made compulsory for all government-run educational institutions in 2018.
- All education institutions are assessed on five parameters namely teaching, learning and resources, research and professional practices, graduation outcomes, outreach and inclusivity, and perception.
- NIRF lists out best institutions across 11 categories i.e., overall national ranking, universities, engineering, college, medical, management, pharmacy, law, architecture, dental and research.