(THE GIST OF PIB) Jal Jeevan Mission
Jal Jeevan Mission
- The Vice President, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar recently described “quality, quantity and continuity” as the core principles for the success of Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Mission Objective: To ensure HarGharJal (piped water supply) to all rural households by 2024 under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Executing agency: Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Jal Shakti Mantralaya.
- This Mission will focus on integrated demand and supply side management of water at the local level, including creation of local infrastructure for source sustainability like rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge and management of household wastewater for reuse in agriculture.
- The Mission will converge with other Central and State Government Schemes to achieve its objectives of sustainable water supply management across the country.
- The fund sharing pattern is in the proportion of:
- 50:50 between Centre and States,
90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States.In case of UTs, 100% funding is provided by the Central government.